Swimming pool chemicals keep your pool clean and healthy. They are stored in concentrated forms that need to be handled appropriately.
Pool chemicals can be reactive. If they accidentally come in contact with other chemicals or even water, the mixture can become unstable, and fumes or fire can result.
Pool chemicals do not pose a threat when used and stored correctly.
- Read all labels! Understand what you are buying and how it should be handled and stored.
- Seal chemicals in the original containers and keep them clearly labeled.
- Lock chemicals in a dry, well-ventilated area away from other chemicals. Keep them out of the reach of children!
- Wear gloves, safety goggles, long sleeves and provide ventilation when handling chemicals.oFollow all manufacturer’s instructions.
- Chemicals should be added to the pool water; never to each other. Do not mix chemicals.
- Clean up even a small spill with care, following the container label’s instructions.
- Follow disposal instructions on container labels. Do not pour chemicals down drains or in gutters. Do not reuse empty containers